Friday, July 31, 2009

85,000 Words

If a picture is worth 1,000 words, then the 85 pictures that I've posted to the geocaching website is obviously worth 85,000 words. Not that I'll write that much, but I'm just preparing you for what lies ahead.

The past couple of weeks have been absolutely amazing. The Tadpole and I ended up camping for 2 days near Point Reyes National Seashore in Marin County, CA north of San Francisco and then for another 4 and a half days in Del Norte Redwoods State Park which is part of Redwoods National Park. Then, we met with a friend of mine in Oregon and finally with my dad up at his place in Idaho. I left the Tadpole with my Dad in Idaho and brought my other son, the Runner, home with me with a stop in Santa Cruz for his freshman orientation at UC Santa Cruz - home of the Banana Slugs. Over the next week or so, I will attempt to chronicle our trip in terms of caching, waymarking and other GPS games. Hopefully it will be interesting to everyone concerned. It's good to be home.

Picture was taken at or near the following geocache:
Point Reyes EarthQuake Trail - by forman

Profile for Webfoot

No comments: